Roundhay Park comprises seven hundred acres of parkland belonging to the City of Leeds. On a hill overlooking two lakes there is a grand old stone mansion house. The bulk of the building is now surrounded by a white-painted metal fence – hopefully preparatory to renovation of the building.
The park is, apparently, the largest city park in Europe.
There is a nice note in Wikipedia which recites that when the City of Leeds wished to buy the land in the 1870s, the park was 3 miles from Leeds and they didn’t have the authority to buy it. They required an Act of Parliament to give them that authority, which they obtained, and they were then able to buy the land.
Shot at 1/1000 second, f2.9, ISO 64, -1 exposure compensation
Converted to Black and White in photoshop